Our practice is now offering genetic testing for identification and management of Lynch Syndrome (also known as Hereditary Nonpolyposis Colorectal Cancer). This syndrome is associated with a significantly increased risk for colorectal and endometrial cancers. Lynch Syndrome also increases one’s risk for other cancers such as gastric, ovarian, hepatobiliary tract, ureter/renal pelvis, small bowel, brain/central nervous system, pancreatic and sebaceous adenomas. In addition we have the ability to help recognize certain polyposis syndromes.
Consider COLARIS testing for Lynch Syndrome (HNPCC) if you or a family member(s) has had:
- Colorectal cancer before the age of 50
- Endometrial cancer before the age of 50
- 2 or more Lynch syndrome cancers at any age
- A previously identified Lynch syndrome in the family
Consider COLARIS AP testing for FAP & MAP:
- 10 or more cumulative colorectal adenomas at any age
- A previously identified MYH or APC mutation in the family
*Set up an appointment if you have questions or concerns regarding hereditary cancer testing. The benefits of testing allows for individualized medical management and risk assessment. Genetic testing does not identify all causes of hereditary colorectal cancer.